Monday, February 9, 2009

One thing I love about Jathan....

One thing I love about Jathan...
I love how he get into things so much. He tries to pretend that he IS someone. I think he is trying out different personalities, and different ways of doing things. He watches a movie, and then imitates that person. He changes his stuffed animals into whatever he needs them to be, and pretends his room is where ever they lived in the show. What I think is just sooo funny, is his Uncle Joel did the same thing. I think it is in the genes. :) Part of growing up is figuring out who YOU are in relation to the whole wide world. So many choices... it must be scary sometimes. I did that to an extent when I was younger, wanting to be someone else, mostly from the American Girl Books (remember those?) I loved the era that they lived in, and would have gladly traded my electricity and t.v.'s for horse-drawn carriages and barn raisings. :) Maybe that it is a natural part of growing up. Did you ever do that? My brother Joel was an expert, he should have been an actor. He was so good. I remember one time he wanted me to be someone from his current fascination (I think it was Calvin and Hobbes, whoever the girl was. :) I didn't want to play along, and so he got mad, and said " that is okay, you will be her even if you don't want to. I can just pretend you are, and you are!"
So funny. Jathan doesn't do the same ones his uncle did, but he loves to pretend to be Diego (an animal rescuer.:), Franklin the turtle, Little Bear, and just about everyone from the books he is reading. I look at him and wonder sometimes who he will become as he gets older. For now, I just try and provide him good role models, and good examples, hoping that if he does emulate someone, he will have good character. :) Love you, Jathan.

2 comments:

  1. Jathan is one amazing child. And such a good memory! I miss him and Jared so much in Sunday School. =) Sweet post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww :) He does have Joel's imagination, I hadn't thought about that before but you're right! :)

    ReplyDelete