Monday, February 16, 2009

Eenie, Meenie, Minie, Mo

My Mom and Dad kept the boys for us on Saturday so we could have a Valentine's/ Anniversary date :). My Dad was so sweet. He went out to Wal-mart to get the boys rootbeer and ice cream at about 8:00 at night (about a 15 minute drive one way) so he could make them floats. We got there not long after that, so we got to share, too. :) They even gave them money to go get them something next time we went to Wal-mart, and I took them today to go get what they were wanting. Jathan asked for a Crayola digital camera (he will have to save for a while for that one, though:) and Jared wanted to look around. We ended up with a disposable camera for Jathan, and Jared picked out a package of army men. He had money left over, so he wanted to pick out something from the check-out (I don't let them do that as often as I should). He had such fun picking something out, and then he narrowed it down to two. He put them on the floor and played Eenie, Meenie, Minie, Mo until he picked one. It was so cute. He kept playing until it came to the one he wanted the most. :) I think that was so sweet of my parents, being such great Grandparents. I am enjoying my children so much, but I am so glad that there is something like that so fun to look forward to. I will enjoy being a Grandma doing fun things like that for my grandbabies. :)

1 comment:

  1. Aww....how sweet of your parents to do that for you both. And how sweet it is to see little ones choosing their items to buy based on how much money they have instead of just throwing something into the basket not knowing or careing about the cost. You are doing such a good job as a mommy! And I can't wait till Kayden is old enough for little men like Jared chose. Right now he is into Cars and tractors, so pretty much anything pleases him.

    ReplyDelete