Sunday, February 22, 2009

All toys should live this well

"Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. "It's a thing that happens to you. When a child loves you for a long, long time, not just a toy to play with, but REALLY loves you, you become Real. It doesn't happen all at once. It takes a long time. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out, and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly except to people who don't understand."

The Velveteen Rabbit
Marjery Williams

I'm thinking a similiar thing happens to Mommy's. :)

2 comments:

  1. Awwwwww....I love that! How sweet! You find the sweetest parts of the book! That definately must have been what happened to me :), except instead of my eyes dropping out I'm thinking all the hugs have pushed my stuffing down(to my hips!)lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey jessica email me please so i can email you pictures of mr carter hes 6 months now had his 6 month pictures and we have the web site i wanted to send to you that is if you want it email me please rhonda20_2000@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete