Tuesday, April 21, 2009

One of the sweetest things....

I wanted to tell you guys about one of the sweetest things that I ever saw this weekend. There was an elderly man (he was a preacher) who was telling the pastor's wife that I was talking to about how his wife had been doing. They ended up telling me the story of how that she had had a brain aneurysm and had suffered handicaps since then. She went on to have another massive one later on, and has been very childlike ever since. This was like in the late 80's. He was showing me pictures of his beloved wife, the recent ones, and he came across her senior picture that he has carried ever since in his wallet. *Sniff* That has to be one of the sweetest things that I have ever seen. He talks about her with such love and adoration, and for 40+ years still carries that picture along with her more recent ones. That just melted my heart, and I told him so. :) What is one of the sweetest things that you have ever seen?

2 comments:

  1. That is so sweet. It is a very neat thing to see couples like that. I'll have to tell me mom that story. She will like it!
    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing how we are able to meet the ones we "need" to meet. I see you are an Arkansas blogger too, come visit me at http://grannymountain.blogspot.com
    joy c.

    ReplyDelete