Sunday, April 12, 2009

Sap Story

Hey. I wanted to show you all this, Jamie sent this to me, this is him after work yesterday. :) I don't know if you all know this or not, kind of a sap story, but it is mine nonetheless. :) Jamie left Thursday to go do some work for a friend in Alaska for about six weeks or so, depending on how soon the job gets done. He left with a HUGE chunk of my heart in his carry-on....I will be so ready to get him back. It is so different, he is almost 4,000 miles away, thank the Lord for cell phones.. I am such a baby, I guess, I still get almost giddy when he calls me. :) He is 3 hours behind me, and they have different lighting situations than we do here, they don't start there day until late in the day, even the banks and schools don't until at least 9, so he hasn't been getting done until 9 or 10 at night, so when he calls me, it is like 1 or 2, depending on when he gets done with supper. It is kind of sweet talking to him that late at night, everything is so quiet, and it is just the two of us, no other calls or anything to distract me. :) I am going to be SO GLAD when he gets back home... this is the first holiday that we have ever been apart. :( SNIFF. I wish it had worked out that I could have gone, but it costs so much to get up there, that he needed to check out the job first. Pray for me, and until then.... Happy Easter from Jamie in Alaska. :)

P.S. My Sister-in-Law Melinda sent this picture to me, her husband is my husband's brother, and he had sent this picture to him, so she somehow got it on the computer, and sent it to me in case that I hadn't seen it. :) That made me so happy. I don't know how to do that sort of thing yet. She is SO talented....

P.S.S. And THEN...... :) Charin stayed up late last night editing this so I could see my honey better. :) Isn't that sweet? I am so blessed to have such good sisters that love me so much. :)

2 comments:

  1. Aww..it makes me sad that you have to be apart....I'm not sure I could do it{for that long, a week is LONG enough for me}
    My brohter -in -law has a business in Alaska and he works late nights too I think I remember my sister saying at one time. I'm praying that time will go by quick for you so you won't have to miss him so long :(
    Hope you had a Wonderful Easter!!!

    ReplyDelete