Tuesday, April 14, 2009

My days

My days have been oh so different since Jamie has gone to go work in Alaska. Our entire schedule has been different, going to bed at crazy times, the boys sleeping in later, eating simplier foods. I am trying so hard to keep busy, to keep my mind off him being gone. He has been gone for about a week several times, but this 6 week thing is killing me. I guess it is just because I know in my mind that it is going to be longer, plus he is so far away it isn't like I could just go up there for a weekend (But believe me I have thought about it.....many times. :) We are on the sixth day, 1/7 of six weeks.... I am not going to make it. Here is just a little bit what we have been up to since he was been gone.

*Staying at the airport until I was SURE that even with a delay, his plane was gone. (just in case he changed his mind. :(

*Coming back from Springfield, making 4 stops, shopping, crying, Sonic, and more shopping.
It took me six hours go make a 2 1/2 hour trip.

*Visiting with my sister Charin and her kids when we got home Thursday night.

*Not sleeping more than two hours all night, getting up every 10 or 15 minutes or so to track his flights online, waiting to hear his voice on the phone letting me know that he made each stop.

*Getting up EARLY the next morning to put out our yard sale things with my Mom.

*FREEZING on Friday, spending most of the day trying to put it all out.

*Going straight into the tub after the sale ended for the day, trying to thaw out my numb self.

*Putting more baby and kids clothes on hangers, watching Fireproof until I was exhausted Friday night.

*Loving waking up in the middle of the night for Jamie's night-night phone calls.

*Getting up not as early Saturday morning, thankful it was all set out, waiting for my Mom and Capachinos.

*Enjoying the day with both my Mom and my sister Charin, eating pizza we had delivered, selling ALOT of stuff.

*Making cupcakes Saturday night, getting ready for our Easter Egg Hunt with the cousins.

*Ironing, and getting ready for church in our new Easter clothes.

*Going to church, getting soaked on the way out...lunch at El Charros in Harrison.

*Coming home having an indoor egg hunt, eating cupcakes and my sister's delicious raspberry punch (Which she left with ME!!!!)

*Going to church again Sunday night, going to Wendy's to get my usual sour cream and chive baked potato, chili, and manderine cup. SO happy they got my order right!!! They usually forget the sour cream, spoons, and crackers. This happens EVERY time, but it is such a good combination, and you can't get it anywhere else, that I keep trying. :)

*Talking to my honey on the way home...

*Waking up to hear his ring tone, the song that we had at our wedding.... still makes me happy, especially when it is on the phone, because I know he is calling. :)

*Going clothes shopping with my sister with the proceeds from the yard sale. Out with the old, in with the new... enjoying all of the spring/summer colors, lots of cute stuff. Lunch at OLIVE GARDEN!!! (minestrone, bread sticks, shrimp alfredo..... YUM!!!!)

*Getting early baths, cuddling on the couch with the boys in their new jammers, watching their new Diego movie they got for Easter.

*Letting the boys sleep in later today....such a busy weekend..... watching my sister's babies for her while she goes back to work at the end of her maternity leave. I am so sad for her. Happy to have sweet, squishy bodies to snuggle with, though.

*Missing my honey so badly every single second.... I would definetely not make a mililtary wife, in case anyone ever wondered. It has made me pray harder for their poor families, making me sad what all that you have to sacrifice for your country and families sometimes. Sometimes life isn't fair.


2 comments:

  1. Awww, this is so sad and sweet!! :)
    You guys really do have something special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :( I feel so bad for you having to miss your honey! It does sound like you have had a very busy and productive week though. Hope the next few weeks fly by for you...:)

    ReplyDelete