Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Moving~

We are getting ready to move up there with Jamie up in Alaska. He has been there for six weeks tomorrow morning, more than I ever thought I could live without him. I did live, but I never want to have to do that again. I will be so glad to be there with him, and at the same time, good-byes are hard. Good-bye to my family... I have parents, a sister and brother-in-law and a niece and nephew who will be so hard to say good-bye to, a Granny, and an Aunt. James has family here too, and I will miss the get-togethers and birthday parties, and taking Katie for a ride in my "black car." I will miss baby-sitting my niece and nephew, and being there watching them grow. I will miss my Mom's beef stew... the ultimate of all comfort foods. I will miss having the support when things get difficult... it is hard to give or recieve a hug over the phone. :( I will miss all of our friends here, and watching their children grow up, having someone to go out with for after-church-Sunday lunch.... on and on. I will miss Olive Garden, Cracker Barrel... I had Jamie check for me if they do have them up there, and he can't find them. I might be surprised though.. I did see where you can get some of Cracker Barrel's foods in the mail. :) :) They had the fried apples in a jar... all kinds of yummy things. I will miss having SEASONS here.... I like to decorate for fall, and I heard that they only have a two week fall there... I bet it would be hard to even find the leaves and pumpkins and things that we decorate with down here. I will miss things like that, but at the same time I am excited to experience all the new things, new friends, new church family, all of the new adventures that are waiting for us up there. :) I will so love being with Jamie, little things like hearing him snore me to sleep at night, smelling coffee in the morning (although I never drink it. :) Hearing his truck come home at the end of his work day (Although that will be different. We are leaving his old truck here, and we bought a different one up there, so the sounds will not be the same ever again. :( I will love making his favorite foods, holding his hand... so many things. I am going to try and keep in touch with our friends and family down here, so we can collect more and more friends along the way. :) That will make it easier to leave. :)

This will probably be my last post for a while... we are putting our computer in our car to ship, and it will be awhile before than we get that done, and I don't know if the library would let me blog or not... :) I will miss this, but I will be back and probably full of stories about our life up north. :)

1 comment: