Thursday, May 21, 2009

Baby Birdies

The boys and I were noticing all the spring birds out and about. Jathan noticed how that some of the cardinals were bright red, and some were dingy red. I was explaining how that God made it that way so that if a preditor was going to notice one of them, that they would see the flashier one first, and that would give the mother time to get away, so that she could take care of the babies. :) I told him that God made it that way so that when cats or something kills birds, they won't kill a whole bunch of them at once time, by killing the mother. Jathan seemed to be taking that in, and thought that that was very interesting.

This morning, Jathan told me, "You know, Mama. I am not like a baby bird. I need my Mama AND my Daddy." I thought that that was too precious. Someone is really missing their Daddy. Tomorrow, buddy. :)

2 comments:

  1. That is just like Jathan to come up with something so adorable. I am so happy for yall to get to see James tomorow. I will be praying for a safe flight!!!

    ReplyDelete